Salsa: a
self discovery
I was an introverted little girl,
loneliness my sole companion,
an ugly duckling
with a
passionless void at
the centre
of its life who
mustered its guts
and decided to
learn the Salsa.
First step (Day 1)
Self-doubt nearly crippled my first day.
Sculpted bodies, intense beauties…all sashaying
to the SALSATION. I was anxious, scared;
I was horrified! This ugly duckling dancing
with handsome boys!
Self-doubt nearly crippled my first day.
Sculpted bodies, intense beauties…all sashaying
to the SALSATION. I was anxious, scared;
I was horrified! This ugly duckling dancing
with handsome boys!
Five Gurus took the dance floor
and exhibited the silken, sexy salsa.
I watched their hips, faces and limbs...
their synchronization rocked. Intimidated
but excited I started to move.
Is it me? (Day 3)
I admired myself in blue jeans, pink top,
I soaked the starriness in yellow light
As I slowly drew eight using my hips!
Watching self in those walled mirrors,
I felt the gracefulness in my physique.
Boy holding waist! (Day 10)
My dance crumbled, footsteps fumbled.
Mind grumbled and feet stumbled,
and exhibited the silken, sexy salsa.
I watched their hips, faces and limbs...
their synchronization rocked. Intimidated
but excited I started to move.
Is it me? (Day 3)
I admired myself in blue jeans, pink top,
I soaked the starriness in yellow light
As I slowly drew eight using my hips!
Watching self in those walled mirrors,
I felt the gracefulness in my physique.
Boy holding waist! (Day 10)
My dance crumbled, footsteps fumbled.
Mind grumbled and feet stumbled,
the
first pairing I had with a boy.
But his assurance was comforting.
Frustration (Day 20)
gurus flirted with beauties
forgetting the responsibilities,
and I did feel a bit left out. Yet,
I persevered. I watched the way
instructors swayed.
Fun wasn't unavoidable.
But his assurance was comforting.
Frustration (Day 20)
gurus flirted with beauties
forgetting the responsibilities,
and I did feel a bit left out. Yet,
I persevered. I watched the way
instructors swayed.
Fun wasn't unavoidable.
Best! (Day 75)
Hips shook, 8 was precise,
Revolutions were perfect.
Mental balance balanced as
My body balance rocked back.
I salsaed at home,
discovered my feminism.
In no time, I was the best in class.
Confidence was sky high,
Conqueror was I…I was the best.
But this was just the level one!
Len (Day 120)
Len was my new handsome Guru
In level two…a supreme dancer.
A gem at heart...
BAILAMOS (Day 150)
When our eyes met this day,
all my shyness vanished.
We spun, twisted, swayed.
The feel of his hot, hard breaths
was exhilarating zenith.
Our dance was silken smooth.
Salsa can easily trigger love…I felt
And I was in love… in love with Len!
Could he be meant for me?
In no time, I was the best in class.
Confidence was sky high,
Conqueror was I…I was the best.
But this was just the level one!
Len (Day 120)
Len was my new handsome Guru
In level two…a supreme dancer.
A gem at heart...
BAILAMOS (Day 150)
When our eyes met this day,
all my shyness vanished.
We spun, twisted, swayed.
The feel of his hot, hard breaths
was exhilarating zenith.
Our dance was silken smooth.
Salsa can easily trigger love…I felt
And I was in love… in love with Len!
Could he be meant for me?
Level 2 ended (Day 180)
That day, the music was loud,
space cramped by girls in short skirts,
and Len was dancing...
That day, the music was loud,
space cramped by girls in short skirts,
and Len was dancing...
with a
girl who wasn't me.
Was I shattered? Was I hurt?
Surprisingly not…
Salsa can easily trigger love… I felt
Enlightenment!
Was I shattered? Was I hurt?
Surprisingly not…
Salsa can easily trigger love… I felt
Enlightenment!
I was
in love…in love with salsa
Practice became passion,
Passion became addiction.
All the next levels would clear with ease.
Today (Day 450)
Two levels separate me,
and salsa's highest peak.
Today my Guru said,
“I reminded him of his Guru”
A remarkable remark.
So proud was I of the ugly duckling
who became a salsa dancing beauty
Today (Day 450)
Two levels separate me,
and salsa's highest peak.
Today my Guru said,
“I reminded him of his Guru”
A remarkable remark.
So proud was I of the ugly duckling
who became a salsa dancing beauty
No comments:
Post a Comment